Kenmore Elite Gas Range - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 77

kenmore elite gas range

hello,i have a kenmore elite model number 3107 all of the burners are operating, the led pad is working, but i can't get the oven to go the upper element will not go on either i have checked all of the house fuses.
is there a fuse that is in the stove?
if the pilot light might be off, how and where to relight?
thanks chris
btw we have just moved into this new home and we have never had a gas stove

Advertisement

christoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,448

kenmore elite gas range

Newer stoves use electronic ignition. There has not been a standing pilot on stoves for over 30 years now. What is probably bad is either the circuit board that controls the oven circuit, or the igniter.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

kenmore elite gas range

Gas burners will have a glowbar ignition system that will draw approx 3.4 amps. It is most likely that the glowbar has failed. Check each glowbar to ensure that they are drawing the proper current. The pilot will not ignite or prove without the glowbar operating correctly (drawing the proper current and being at the right temperature)

If you are inexperienced with gas equipment, you should have a technician take a look at it.

Here is the installation manual. It has a little bit of information on the unit.
Protocol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 77

kenmore elite gas range

the thermal breaker was tripped, i looked at the wiring diagram that i got and it shows the breaker wired in series with the bake, broil, and convection circuits so when it popped the breaker it took out the 3 circuits. apparently when you use the self clean feature it pops the breaker so i took the rear panel off and checked it with an ohm meter and there was no reading, but i was fortunate that it had a reset button it pushed it and everything worked after refitting the rear panel
christoff is offline   Reply With Quote