Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #1

Share |

Kenmore Dryer Problem

I have a Kenmore Model#110 60724990. Wife has been complaining that its taking 3 cycles to get the clothes dry. Checked venting and airflow first and it appears OK. I pulled the back off and checked the element, it has continuity and I also benched checked it and it appears to be working fine. I noticed when I run the dryer the element heats abot 20 seconds and then cycles off so I am assuming its a thermostat or limit switch of some sorts.

I went on Sears web site and they showed internal-bias 150-F thermostat, a 250-F thermostat and a Thermo cut-off hi-limit thermostat. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciaited.

ElectricianJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:33 AM   #2

Kenmore Dryer Problem

I would detach the dryer from the vent and then inspect the underside blower for blockage. Then plug it back in and run it inside with a nylon over the eaxhaust with two equal loads, one on timed dry one on auto dry. If it drys on timed dry and not on auto I would suspect humidity sensor is cutting out the auto cycle. If it fails to dry in both settings I would suspect the limit switch.
When you're in there, save a trip check your bushings and belt as well tehy need inspection anyway...

Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote