DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Kenmore dishwasher no lights - FIX FYI

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hardwareman 
#1 ·
I just closed on my first home yesterday and was informed the day before closing that the dishwasher had crapped out. We had already gotten a lot fixed based on the inspection and weren't going to put this off any longer by asking her to replace this as well. I figured I'd pass this on in case anybody else has the issue.

Symptoms - No lights at all, standing water (stopped mid cycle), good outlet

I took off the 6 torx screws holding on the control panel, removed the black cover and started checking connections. Everything appeared ok but I disconnected the mainboard while it was unlugged and let it sit based on some recommendations I found while googling the issue. No help.

I confirmed that each relay and switch had power going in by disconnecting the leads and checking w/ my multimeter. There is a round thermal fuse about the size of a dime that had power but no conductivity. I jumped the connectors together and activated the door switches...lights, pump ran, all is well. I have a thermal fuse for a hair dryer from Radio Shack in there right now, but a new one of the correct form is on order. I hope this helps somebody else trouble shoot their issues.

#3 ·
yeah, seriously there is a reason that thermal fuse blew, replacing it with just any ole fuse is like putting the penny in the fuse box trick/ You may have a working dishwasher but you also have a safety issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.