DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Appliances (
-   -   Jenn-Aire Downdraft - OEM flex duct required? (

Dwizzo 10-09-2010 04:35 PM

Jenn-Aire Downdraft - OEM flex duct required?
I am repairing the flexible duct for my Jenn-Aire downdraft and was wondering if I needed to use the Jenn-Aire/Whirlpool brand flex duct or is generic sufficient? This is going from my Jenn-Aire freestanding oven/range downdraft to the downdraft motor. This is NOT from the motor to outside.

Here is the part I am referring to:

$35 plus shipping = Over $40 for a piece of flexible duct. Sorta pricey. The way my downdraft motor is mounted, there is ZERO slack in the flex duct between the range exhaust and the downdraft motor. And, apparently the duct previously torn and is not working as efficiently as it should be. Would be nice if I could use a different/slightly longer piece of flex duct but it appears to be a special type of metallic/black plastic coated flex duct so I want to make sure I don't run into trouble using generic.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.