Jenn-Air Downdraft Range Blower Question - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

Old 10-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
Rewards Points: 496

Jenn-Air Downdraft range blower question

I have a Jenn-Air Range with the center downdraft exhaust setup. Because I doubt I'll keep this range long-term, I'm adding a rear-exhaust setup (think pop-up vent). In order to get everything to work right, I'm wanting to mount the blower for this range in a crawlspace directly under the range so that if I swap this range out at some point in the future, I still have an exhaust. This poses two problems. One I'm not sure the plug is long enough to reach where the blower needs to mount and two if I swap the stove out in the future, I'll have to go back and re-wire, which isn't a huge issue.

Looking at the blower and the range, there is a 4-pin (only 3 pins are being used) quick connect that connects the two. I was thinking of trying to find a matching plug and just make an extension for it, but I've noticed this is being powered by 110v. They are grabbing the power from the same terminals the 220v plug is wired to, with the exception they run it through a switch as well and they of course are only using 1 leg of the 220v setup. Is it a bad idea to unhook this lead from the terminals in the stove and maybe wire them to a switched plug? ....or maybe just get some matching size wiring and indeed make an extension for it. I could mount a junction box back behind the stove to run the wires into to make the connection.

Maybe I should be asking in the electrical section??

Master Brian is offline   Reply With Quote