Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #1

Share |

Ice Maker problem.

I have a kitchenaid side by side refirigerator with a built in ice maker. The other day i heard a strange noise coming from the refrigerator and then it went away. The next day i noticed that the ice maker isnt making any ice. The arm is now so the ice maker is on. the fridge model number is Kscs25fkss02. How can i check what is broken? I took the ice maker out and noticed that the arms that push the ice were down and frozen inside the ice that was in the tray. I thawed it out and it still hasnt made ice nor had any water come into the mold.

sflamedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #2

Ice Maker problem.

I have a whirpool refigerator and every 2-3 months the plastic water supply tube will freeze-up. You might check this and see if it solves your problem. I have to go to the back of the refigerator and unhook the water supply and pull out the plastic tube to clear out the frozen water.

jwsmas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #3

Ice Maker problem.

I wish it was that. I checked it and everything was fine. The ice makers plastic arm that pushes the finished ice is in the down posistion. So if it did make ice they would be stuck in the cubes. Also if the ice maker broke completely would that make it stop sending water to make ice? Mine doesnt do anything anymore. I dont know what i need to do.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
Electrician

Ice Maker problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamedic View Post
I wish it was that. I checked it and everything was fine. The ice makers plastic arm that pushes the finished ice is in the down posistion. So if it did make ice they would be stuck in the cubes. Also if the ice maker broke completely would that make it stop sending water to make ice? Mine doesnt do anything anymore. I dont know what i need to do.
It sounds like the drive mechanism has broken. It won't refill with water until the ice ejection arm has returned to the 'rest' position. You may be able to order replacement parts, but depending on the cost and age of the unit, you can probably buy a new one for a decent price. Many are available @ Hm Dpt, Lowe's, Best Buy, appliance stores, etc.
SD515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #5

Ice Maker problem.

Thats exactly what it ended up being. A local appliance parts store looked at it for me and new right away what it was. Cost half the price of a new icemaker. It works like new now and have plenty of ice. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:28 AM   #6

Ice Maker problem.

Whenever my fridge do so, I always shut it down for at least 24 hours and everything comes back on normal. You should try this.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 09-02-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Site Rules Violation: Advertising Link Removed from Signature
wilsonmian is offline   Reply With Quote