DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Appliances (
-   -   How to handle metric (British) fitting on washing machine inlet? (

tabatt07 02-19-2013 06:51 PM

How to handle metric (British) fitting on washing machine inlet?
I have a Whirlpool LHW0050pq washing machine. I'd like to replace the 5-year-old rubber hoses that came with the machine. These hoses are threaded for metric on one end and standard at the other. The manual says that installing new hoses requires a "British to universal hose adapter (part no 3357451)." It seems like I will need an adapter in order to replace my hoses with stainless steel braided. I found the part on ebay for $15. Just curious if there is something I could get at local home center in lieu of ordering online.

md2lgyk 02-20-2013 07:14 AM

You can check, but I suspect the typical big box store isn't going to have an adapter like that. You could check with a local plumbing supply house - even if they don't stock what you need they could get it. Take one of the hoses with you.

tabatt07 02-20-2013 08:08 PM

Thanks. Good to know that I'm not making this more difficult than it needs to be.

md2lgyk 02-21-2013 06:42 AM

You're welcome. A real plumbing supply place might even have stainless braided hoses with the correct connectors. That would make things even easier.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1