DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

how to fix washing machine front spring

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  macanante01 
#1 · (Edited)
Our washing machine front spring appears to have come off, top load older Roper washing machine.

the drum inside the machine when you lift the lid tilts toward the back of the machine when the drum is empty. and when you wiggle the washing machine just a little bit you can hear something right on the inside of the machine hit the front. It is a metal on metal sound, so I assume its the spring.

I've been looking at it and can't seem to figure out how to access the front of the machine. The front panel does not come off it looks as if the front and 2 sides are all one connected piece..

How can I gain access to the front of this machine to hopefully reattach what i assume is a unhooked spring..

EDIT.... I just figured it out by messing with it...the entire front and 2 sides peice tilts forward exposing the drum and inner parts.... sadly i did no see any loose springs. I'm not sure what was causing the metal on metal sound near the front, but when I put it back together the sound was gone.... hmmmm i dunno
thanks

#2 ·
Well, it's obvious that when you figured out how to remove or tilt the cabinet back, you let the "odd knock hob-goblins" out. They are sneaky, and will pass by you very quickly at times. Another of those stories of how some things just seem to repair themselves if the owner takes the time to pay attention to the item. Sort of like women ain't they? Good Job, David

#3 ·
re:Default how to fix washing machine front spring Our washing machine front spring a

It's laundry day. You know this because the shirt you're wearing is eight years old and doesn't match your pants in any light. And there's a chance, just a chance, that you're wearing one black sock and one Navy blue sock. So you schlep a heaping hamper to the laundry room and carefully (or not so carefully) separate colors from whites.

Perilica Rublja

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.