Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Rze
Average Joe

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

How to disassemble Freezer door on GE side by side to access tube for water dispenser

I have a GE Profile Side by side Fridge/Freezer. The Ice works but water does not dispense. I have followed the water line all the way from the source under the sink, THROUGH the fridge, filter and cellenoids. The problem is from where the tube starts to go up the door to the actual dispenser. I tried to Blow it out, but no success. I need to see where the tube connects to the spigot where the water comes out, however it is behind the door. I am trying to figure out how to separate the inside of the freezer door from the outside of the freezer door. I don't see where there are screws or snaps....Any ideas?

Rze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #2

How to disassemble Freezer door on GE side by side to access tube for water dispenser

The last freezer/fridge I took apart had screws in the gasket that held the interior panel in place as well.

danpik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

Don't waste your time taking the door apart. Ge is aware of the flaw in the door and sells a heater that you can install over the dispenser door. It comes with instructions for installation and wiring. Basically, the waterline is frozen right at the dispenser door. Order part#wr49x10173. If you call ge they may send it to you for free.
jfrotten is offline   Reply With Quote