Help Replacing Pump Hose - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help Replacing Pump Hose

Please Help! Earlier tonight I hear the Audible pop as my washer spun out the water from my laundry.

I had a pretty good idea of where the problem lie , and I was right. One of the two pump hoses had exploded. Now I know I will need to replace it. but the problem is I am not sure how. Repeated Web searches show me how to replace the pump itself. but not the hoses... I am desperate

If there is a video put there I would be forever greatful

PLEASE HELP ME before my clothes get all moldy

Thank you!

Advertisement

EnzoMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Help Replacing Pump Hose

First off clothes didn't get mouldy before there were washers. Pull them out rinse them, ring them out and let them hang outside, like your MOTHER would have. Happy Mother's Day
If you post the model of your washer it would be a help.
The washers I have worked on have basic clamps where the hose meets the pump if it is the actual hose to the pump. You will likely have either a spring loaded clamp or a screw to relaese a traditional hose clamp. You may need only a pair of slip joint pliers and a large flat bladed screwdriver and perhaps a utility knife to cut away rotten hose.
You might need to buy a specific molded replacement hose depending on which one is damaged. Worst case locate the leak and post a photo. Inspect the pump while you are working on it and clean the area before installing the new hose. Generally pretty straight forward.

Advertisement

Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #3

Help Replacing Pump Hose

Brand: Whirlpool
Model Number: LSR8433KQ1

I would wring out the clothes if I could, but I wouldn't be able to hang them. I live in a tiny apartment lol

Anyhow, I just want to be sure that I get the right size hose and that its as simple as replacing the pump. I can't afford to screw up. so I am feeling the pressure.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #4

Help Replacing Pump Hose

If your hose appears molded into a contour, and it likely is... you will need to match it. Unscrew it and take it with you with model #
Old 05-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #5

Help Replacing Pump Hose

Thank you. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #6

Help Replacing Pump Hose

Chemist1961,

you were right. it was contoured. I tried to match it but cam up with zilch. However, I was able to come up with enough parts from Home depot to fix the problem... Only, There is a plastic piece that went over the original hose, which no long fits over the new one. It anchored the hose to the Metal frame Right now, Duct tape is holding it in place, and i am not sure it will hold there is also the matter of the new hose being a bit longer- its curved but i don't want it to come lose

do you have ny tips or suggestions that might help me I'd like to put my machine back together.

Sometimes i hate living in NYC.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #7

Help Replacing Pump Hose

Odds are you will spend nearly as much using the HD hose pieces as a molded hose will cost especially if you modify it. The best tip I can give you since I can't see the pieces is to be sure that the new hose is not kinked anywhere where it needs to bend or you will cause back pressure and have another issue. Duct tape will lose it sticky ness as it ages, don't count on it to keep you flood proof

Advertisement