Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Question

Help me please- Dishwasher leaking

My dishwasher (Whirlpool Gold Quite Partner III) has a "slight" leak out the door. When I look at the bottom of the door, I see about 5 holes which appear to be there as part of the manufacturing process.

The leak looks to be coming from the middle hole. Anyhow, I concluded I should be able to take the door pannel off and easily see where the leak was coming from. No such joy. I looked all around the inside of the door and can't seem to find anything.

I messed with the little flapper seal up by the air vent thinking that may be loose, and looked for leaks around the detergent area- nothing overly obvious to me.

I put it all together and ran one cycle with no leak. I ran another cycle yesterday and now the same pesky leak is back .

Please send some advice my way!

Thank you!

supermarvin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

I stopped by a local appliance store and as fate would have it, they're not up to par with Whirlpools. They still tried to help me though.

I ended up ordering the "U" seal that seals the door to the tub.

Hopefully it will be into for me to pickup today.

I'll stay posted.

supermarvin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2

I had a similar issue with my LG dishwasher - at least a quart of water every time I used it. Since the leak was actually from inside the door, a new seal would not fix the problem. This is when I discovered to my chagrin that this is a common problem with LG's dishwashers, and their customer service is the worst in the industry. Their only "solution" was to sell me a complete door assembly for almost $200. But mysteriously, the leak stopped six months ago and has never returned. Got my fingers crossed.

What really frosts me is that this was a very expensive unit (almost $1000). Every other dishwasher I've ever had was builder grade, and none ever leaked.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dishwasher, dishwasher leak, leak, whirlpool