DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

help !!!! Maytag dryer model LDG 410 no flame

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  hardwareman 
#1 ·
I maytag dryer will not heat up it's a gas dryer everything works but no flame, even the light thing next the gas coil,it lights up but it dies down after a seconds or maybe a min not more, but no flame

#7 ·
Back again same problem,I have changed the gas valve coils but the problem remain no flame,the igniter lights up but shuts off after a few seconds,all I got was a click sound and then it turns off,i checked all the thermostats and they are all good, all of them have continuity, there is gas going to the gas valve, I'm positive that's the case because I turned on the gas while the coil right next to the regulator ,on the gas valve was removed, and there was gas coming out of it, I'm really frustrated now as to what is preventing the gas from been release by the coils, help please.

#8 ·
some newer appliances have a circuit in the ignitor that checks for current flow when the ignitor is on. If the current flow is too low it does not see the ignitor as on and will not open the gas valve even if the ignitor is glowing. I do not know if this particular model dryer has this feature or not. Some research may be in order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.