Hello All, Oven Door Stuck - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Hello All, oven door stuck

Hey everyone my name is Kirk and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.... I wont unless someone can help me I have a Whirlpool gbs307pds11 oven that I put in cleaning mode on sunday to get it all ready for the big thanksgiving cooking. About half way thru all power just shut off and nothing on the front control panel at all. I have already had the breaker off and then back on and still nothing. I called and they say it might be the front control panel which is fine but the door is locked shut due to cleaning mode and cant get it open. I need to get it open to replace the front panel any ideas? I really need help since everyone is coming to my place for Thanksgiving please help thanks.

Advertisement

k4thdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4thdan
Hey everyone my name is Kirk and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.... I wont unless someone can help me I have a Whirlpool gbs307pds11 oven that I put in cleaning mode on sunday to get it all ready for the big thanksgiving cooking. About half way thru all power just shut off and nothing on the front control panel at all. I have already had the breaker off and then back on and still nothing. I called and they say it might be the front control panel which is fine but the door is locked shut due to cleaning mode and cant get it open. I need to get it open to replace the front panel any ideas? I really need help since everyone is coming to my place for Thanksgiving please help thanks.
Hi Kirk, try to unplug the power cord as well, that way the oven will reset the circuit board. Hopefully that will work for you. Have a happy holiday.
Quan

Advertisement

KC Home Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #3

Quan thanks for the reply, I tried to flip the breaker and leave off for 24 hours but that didnt do anything. Do you know how to get the front door to unlock manually so I can at least get it opened? TIA......
k4thdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #4

Hi Kirk. Try fixya.com. You might get the right guide from them.
KC Home Design is offline   Reply With Quote