Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #1

Share |

Hello

Newbie looking for an answer.
MY GE Profile bottom freezer is in a no ice cube phase? It has worked fine for 1 1/2 years. Ice 3 days ago and now nothing. No power outages. I have replaced the water filter also. Checked the temp. OK.....Help I need my ice cubes. Its hot. Please respond.

Last edited by slickshift; 08-23-2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: mods please leave this here, another thread is in appliances
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Hello

Hi Barb
Welcome to the forums
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I about fridges will answer your question posted in the appliance section
But I wanted to say hi
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #3

Hello

Are there any other symptoms? Do you hear clicking sounds or anything like that? One thing you can check is if the water coming in to fill the "cube" area has created a blockage. Sometimes water can freeze before it gets to the icemaker and block the flow of water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fierysun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #4

Hello

There is no noise or sound and no water. We do have a green light so we do know the ice maker is on. We have water from the water dispenser.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #5

Hello

What is the model number of your fridge?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
newer than a newbie...

Hello

We have just an icemaker on our fridge, so I'm not sure if there is a separate water tube for the icemaker and a separate tube for the running water. You may want to look into where this tube runs (ours is in the basement) and see if there has been a leak. We had a leak at one point and just got a new tube which solved the problem.

Maybe that advice will help?

If it might cost too much to fix, investing in a 99 cent ice tray and filling it with water might be cost effective. In my opinion, the water from the tube smells funny anyways... Just my 2 cents.
mcvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #7

Hello

GE Profile Botton Freezer
Model # PFS22MISBBB

We turned the freezer off . Thinking if the controls were frozen, and now we have turned it back on. We are clueless, . We apreciate all the help.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #8

Hello

I went to GE appliances and found the diagram of your water system. Since you defrosted the freezer the fill tube wasn't frozen. The only things left I can think of is either the valve on your dual water valve (part 823) for the ice maker is broken or the electronic IM (part 820) is not functioning correct. Someone better than I might be able to tell you how to do some effective troubleshooting on those units.

One last thing you could check is if ice maker's connections are seated properly. If you look on the diagram at part 820 you'll see a cable that supplies power and sends signals to the valve. Make sure that is seated all the way in the receptacle.