Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #1

Share |

Good Dishwasher Suggestions

My folks bought a Kitchenaid dual drawer dishwasher.

So far the top drawer has leaked and it took a month to get a part to get it repaired.
Now the bottom drawer is leaking and they have been waiting a week for the part already. Was told it should only take about 3-5 days for the part to get here.

Also it is not heating the water nor drying the dishes.
After spending $1500 for the thing you would expect it to at least last longer then a few months. Guessing about 4 months.

Any suggestions for them?

They just completely remodeled the kitchen and had to have the floor under the old dishwasher area redone due to old dishwashers leaking water.

logluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #2

really...lemon law???? I would call where ever they got it a complain big time we install much cheaper dishwashers and have no trouble at all. 1500.00 for a d.w and all that trouble..I would demand a refund....Ben....

ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #3

Thats what I told them Ben.

They liked the dual drawer because it is just the 2 of them and they can put the few dishes they use in the small compartment and not have to use alot of water to wash them. And when there is a crowd like this weekend there is enough room for extra dishes.
logluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by logluvr View Post
Thats what I told them Ben.

They liked the dual drawer because it is just the 2 of them and they can put the few dishes they use in the small compartment and not have to use alot of water to wash them. And when there is a crowd like this weekend there is enough room for extra dishes.
I know what you mean my mother is tough "set in her ways" but you cann still get d.w that use very little water and much eaiser to get parts...and run longer than 4 months...if they don't want to change it your stuck......most medium price d.w use only 8-12 gal of water per cycle...I would get rid of that money pit....ben.....you can get bigger tub as well
ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #5

KitchenAid dishwashers are pretty highly rated. I've had two of them and thought the world of both although obviously appliances change from model to model. But with that litany of issues it would seem clear that they got a lemon.

I would raise unholy hell with the vendor they got it from. Enough complaining and it will be worth their while to replace it.
Ironlight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironlight For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (11-28-2011)