Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #1

Share |

GE Washer has more than one problem

This is going to be complicated. First my washer was turning off by it self during the second fill. It would be filled with clean rinse water and would just stop. I would repress the on button and it would go on and then finish just fine. That went on for a couple weeks and I just dealt with it because it didn't do it everytime, I think it depended on which cycle it was on.

Then all of the sudden it started agitating like it was restricted, like it wasn't agitating smoothly, more like clunking little short jerking back and forth. At the same time with every loud jerk my lights in my house with flicker like it was affecting the electrical.

Sorry not done yet.

When that started happening it stopped spinning right at the end of the rinse cycle, therefore the clothes were still wet enought that I had to hand ring them out.

I told you it was complicated. I looked in my manual and it's not surprising that there wasn't a catagory that fit these descriptions.

Any ideas?

Lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
HVAC / Plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybelle View Post
This is going to be complicated. First my washer was turning off by it self during the second fill. It would be filled with clean rinse water and would just stop. I would repress the on button and it would go on and then finish just fine. That went on for a couple weeks and I just dealt with it because it didn't do it everytime, I think it depended on which cycle it was on.

Then all of the sudden it started agitating like it was restricted, like it wasn't agitating smoothly, more like clunking little short jerking back and forth. At the same time with every loud jerk my lights in my house with flicker like it was affecting the electrical.

Sorry not done yet.

When that started happening it stopped spinning right at the end of the rinse cycle, therefore the clothes were still wet enought that I had to hand ring them out.

I told you it was complicated. I looked in my manual and it's not surprising that there wasn't a catagory that fit these descriptions.

Any ideas?
Maybe a transmission and or timer problem

kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
Maybe a transmission and or timer problem

Thank you for your answer, do you think this would require hiring someone or is it possibly a DIY?
Lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

Both are DIY if you have the time and patience to do it.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybelle View Post
Thank you for your answer, do you think this would require hiring someone or is it possibly a DIY?
Check the prices and you will find that it is time to get a new one with warrenty. Work done. The transmision is no fun to change . You have to get it right Their is a boot to keep water where it is sopose to be. Now the timmer if that is bad more money? Could be water sencer's ?? You just keep putting part's in and than you will have like a new maching with no warrenty. And maybe you will not get it fixed and have all those part's?? I would advise you to just get a new one and send the problum's away.
del schisler is online now   Reply With Quote