Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #1

Share |

GE Spacemaker dryer won't shut off.

I apologize if there is already a thread regarding this problem, but I was not able to find it.

I recently purchased a used GE Spacemaker over/under washer/dryer combination (Mod# WSM2400LBB), and because of height restraints, had to separate the two units, putting them side-by-side. This required an extension of the wiring harness. Although the washer portion has worked quite well since plugging everything back in, the dryer has not.

Problem: The dryer will not shut off at the end of either the "Timed" (High heat), or the "Auto Dry" (Medium heat) cycles. At the end of the High heat cycle, it continues into the Low heat cycle. At the end of the Medium heat cycle, it continues into the High heat cycle, but doesn't readjust the heat level in either case. However, it DOES shut off at the end of the "Delicate" (Low heat) cycle. I am quite sure all of my electrical connections are correct, and I even had a 2nd set of "eyes" take a look at everything, just to make sure.

Any ideas?

scuzz1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #2

GE Spacemaker dryer won't shut off.

out of curiosity,cause it was such a strange problem, i looked that model up. according to the lookup that's a one piece unit sourced from Frigidaire. bizzarro that you were able to separate them. if this unit worked ok before you took it apart-something is not right with wiring[on time dry it's straight run through]. is everything hooked up according to code? i'm not sure this dryer is safe. i would call a servicer and have it checked.

Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote