Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Lord of Slums

Share |

Ge side by side making noise

Ge model number gss22qfma bb serial number fa204423 If I checked right the fridge is 12 years old. For the past few months the fridge has been making a noise from the freezer. It got real loud last night so I took out the ice maker drawer and some other stuff. The noise is coming from behind the cover panel on the back of the freezer. I took everything out of the freezer shut the freezer down (8 hours). Turned it back on this morning and all was quite again. So now, 12 hours later the freezer is back to making the noise. If I could simple disable the ice maker too fix the problem I would be very happy. I am thinking some sort of thermostat, or heating element? Hoping not too throw parts at a twelve year old fridge

mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote