Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #1

Share |

Ge oven

I need your help. I have a ge wall oven model jgrp20wej1ww. When i turn the oven on the fan makes a loud noise the whole time the oven is on .it started about a month ago the oven is 5 years old.is there a way to oil it or clean it or is there an air intake screen to clean. This is driving me crazy. Other then that the oven works fine. Someone please help the noise is so loud i can't even talk in the kitchen.
Thank you
bonnie

BUDDYSHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Ge oven

your fan motor is a cooling fan motor for the control panel, very important it operate correctly. Yours is probably going bad and needs replacing. You'll probably have to pull the whole unit out to get to the fan. Good luck

hardwareman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:20 AM   #3

Ge oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwareman View Post
your fan motor is a cooling fan motor for the control panel, very important it operate correctly. Yours is probably going bad and needs replacing. You'll probably have to pull the whole unit out to get to the fan. Good luck
is this something my husband can do. He is pretty handy. He is the one that put the oven in when we remodeled the kitchen. I want to thank you for all your help. Is this part very expensive. If i am looking at the correct part. Is it called the fan asm - conrol upr. Am i correct on this.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #4

Ge oven

is this something my husband can do. He is pretty handy. He is the one that put the oven in when we remodeled the kitchen. I want to thank you for all your help. Is this part very expensive. If i am looking at the correct part. Is it called the fan asm - conrol upr. Am i correct on this.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #5

Ge oven

Old 11-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Ge oven

it is fairly simple, pull the oven out, remove the top cover and he'll see what to do from there.
hardwareman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #7

Ge oven

Thank you very much for your help. I will let my husband know.