DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

GE microwave problems

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dsmalen 
#1 ·
I have a GE profile spacemaker 2 over stove mount stainless microwave, It is 4 years old
It will not repond to any control options properly as of two days ago, i.e. 30 second cook or timed cook , back, can sometimes get it to work on a defrost setting but then will not respond to stop. I unplug it hoping to reset the board but I fear the control board or touchpad is bad from what I have researched. These parts seem to range in the $200.00-$400.00 range or more. Does anyone have any experience with this unit ..good or bad ? Is it worth fixing ?
It wasnt cheap and you would think it would last a little longer, but if I do replace it, is there a more reliable brand I should consider?
Is this common , is it touch pad or control board or both , how much are these parts and is it worth it to fix. I have read that some have had problems with GE, is this unit not worth fixing? and if so what is a good replacment.
Doug Malen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.