DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Appliances (http://www.diychatroom.com/f47/)
-   -   GE electric stove/oven (http://www.diychatroom.com/f47/ge-electric-stove-oven-167525/)

dcj710 12-27-2012 01:51 PM

GE electric stove/oven
 
Is it OK to use the OVEN BROILER ELEMENT after the oven element shorts out? We're shopping for a stove/oven replacement; model we like will take 7 days from date order.

Cannot find the unit online, so I'm going to disconnect the old element and take it to a local appliance parts.

It's a GE electric stove/oven MOD # JSP26GOV1WH. Serial #VM267829 -- found a site that tries to determine age of the unit from the Ser #. This may go back to 1983.

Element doesn't plug in to a receptacle; there are wires going back behind the oven wall. Pulling the oven out tomorrow (12/28) to disconnect element.

Missouri Bound 12-27-2012 08:01 PM

"JSP26G0v1wh" Parts from RepairClinic.com
Check here for parts. And as far as using the broiler element it's fine. Just make sure that any thing you disconnect is isolated to prevent shorting. You may need to re-check your model number when you get on this site.:yes:

hardwareman 12-27-2012 08:17 PM

takes a part# WB44k5012, very popular element. Costs about $42.00

dcj710 12-28-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwareman (Post 1080864)
takes a part# WB44k5012, very popular element. Costs about $42.00

Local appliance store had it in stock. Working again (saw the plug ends with a better light).

Appreciate.

dcj710 12-28-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouri Bound (Post 1080855)
"JSP26G0v1wh" Parts from RepairClinic.com
Check here for parts. And as far as using the broiler element it's fine. Just make sure that any thing you disconnect is isolated to prevent shorting. You may need to re-check your model number when you get on this site.:yes:

Repairclinic.com had the element for $18 online. Paid more than twice that over the counter, but the oven's working now going into the weekend.

Thanks again.

Missouri Bound 12-28-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj710 (Post 1081502)
Repairclinic.com had the element for $18 online. Paid more than twice that over the counter, but the oven's working now going into the weekend.

Thanks again.

You are welcome and I'm glad you have it working. And now you have a source for parts when you need them....all good!:thumbup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved