Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
I ask the impossible!

Share |

GE Dryer - squeaks and eats clothes

Our dryer often squeaks and sometimes catches clothes between the drum and the front. I'm sure I can figure out how to take it apart and put it back together, I'd like to get some idea what parts I need to get beforehand so I am not going back and forth to try to get parts in the middle of the dryer being taken apart. It's a GE dryer model dcvh515ef

Please do NOT consider any "before" picture of my house as any kind of endorsement of any particular construction method. In fact, you should probably assume that if I post a "before" picture, I am posting it because I am soliciting advice on a proper replacement for one of MANY things done wrong by a previous owner.
WillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

replace the drums front top bearing and the 2 glides

Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
I ask the impossible!

Just to close the loop on this in case it turns up in anyone's search, our particular model seems to have 1 of 2 top bearings and ours is the one that most places locally don't carry. It has 4 glides, and those were all pretty much gone, and the top bearing was worn through because we put up with this for a long time. We got a replacement off ebay, and after installing that and all 4 glides, it's quiet and doesn't eat clothes.
Please do NOT consider any "before" picture of my house as any kind of endorsement of any particular construction method. In fact, you should probably assume that if I post a "before" picture, I am posting it because I am soliciting advice on a proper replacement for one of MANY things done wrong by a previous owner.
WillK is offline   Reply With Quote