Gas Range - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 49
Rewards Points: 27

gas range

I have a commercial 4 burner range that I would like to hook up to a propane tank. Does anyone know what size hose and connections I need to make this happen?


woodenSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
hardwareman's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,845
Rewards Points: 1,600

are you running the line straight to the tank or is lp run through out your house? The range will require a 1/2" pipe thread fitting on one end.


................."I want a house that has gotten over all its troubles. I dont' want to spend the rest of life bringing up a young and inexperienced house"...........
hardwareman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,646
Rewards Points: 1,000

is the range made to run on propane or natural gas?
DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 49
Rewards Points: 27

I should probably clarify what my intent is. I want to use this outside as a secondary range. There are no gas lines in the house, everything is electric. I want to connect the range directly to a propane tank. I had a feeling the confection to the range was 1/2" or 3/4". I just wasn't sure how to connect the other end to a propane tank or if I needed a special fitting
woodenSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 738
Rewards Points: 500

Interesting question. Im not a propane guy (I've only done a few propane systems).You need to use approved hose and fittings, so I would ask the place that you buy them from. Also keep in mind that the appliance regulator on the range has a minimum and maximum pressure required to operate properly. The reg that you would find on a propane tank feeding a BBQ wont be the correct one. I would go to a fireplace/BBQ shop, or your propane supplier if its a larger tank. Hopefully they can get you what you need.
hvac benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 218
Rewards Points: 83

We use a Maxitrol RV48 (3/4) regulator. They are rated for both natural and LP.

You will need approved hoses, which should be found at any barbecue place. Do you have a specific make, model of range you are using? If this is in fact a commercial range and not a residential unit with a bunch of stainless thrown on, your local commercial kitchen repair company should stock parts for it.

What fuel was this previously used on? If it was used on natural you will also need new orifices to set up burners properly. Improper gas flow could cause an explosion.


Protocol. is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
range hood opening is bigger than range hood jacks16 HVAC 2 06-23-2011 06:19 AM
convert 3 wire range junction box to receptacle filby Electrical 0 06-05-2011 01:33 AM
Drop in range versus self standing for narrow area sbrink Kitchen & Bath Remodeling 6 01-21-2011 10:17 AM
Moving Electric Range Plug dmartins Electrical 3 11-23-2010 07:48 AM
Had a new electric range installed in my apartment - does this sound right? SAABturboDRIVR Electrical 15 01-02-2010 05:39 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1