Gas Range - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

gas range

I have a commercial 4 burner range that I would like to hook up to a propane tank. Does anyone know what size hose and connections I need to make this happen?

Advertisement

woodenSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,060

gas range

are you running the line straight to the tank or is lp run through out your house? The range will require a 1/2" pipe thread fitting on one end.

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

gas range

is the range made to run on propane or natural gas?
DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

gas range

I should probably clarify what my intent is. I want to use this outside as a secondary range. There are no gas lines in the house, everything is electric. I want to connect the range directly to a propane tank. I had a feeling the confection to the range was 1/2" or 3/4". I just wasn't sure how to connect the other end to a propane tank or if I needed a special fitting
woodenSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

gas range

Interesting question. Im not a propane guy (I've only done a few propane systems).You need to use approved hose and fittings, so I would ask the place that you buy them from. Also keep in mind that the appliance regulator on the range has a minimum and maximum pressure required to operate properly. The reg that you would find on a propane tank feeding a BBQ wont be the correct one. I would go to a fireplace/BBQ shop, or your propane supplier if its a larger tank. Hopefully they can get you what you need.
hvac benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

gas range

We use a Maxitrol RV48 (3/4) regulator. They are rated for both natural and LP.

You will need approved hoses, which should be found at any barbecue place. Do you have a specific make, model of range you are using? If this is in fact a commercial range and not a residential unit with a bunch of stainless thrown on, your local commercial kitchen repair company should stock parts for it.

What fuel was this previously used on? If it was used on natural you will also need new orifices to set up burners properly. Improper gas flow could cause an explosion.

Advertisement

Protocol. is offline   Reply With Quote