Gas Dryer - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

gas dryer

I have a gas dryer that does not seem to be working right. The timer and tumbler work fine but there is very little heat. I have checked the filter and washed it and made sure there isn't any lint in the exhaust line. This is 13 years old, is it worth fixing and if so is it something I can do??
Thanks for any ideas

Advertisement

agrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
What can I find here?

Rewards Points: 150

gas dryer

I'm just a DIYer and though I've recently taken apart my dryer (replacing the igniter) could only foresee that you would have a burner issue. Make sure that there are no air obstructions for the exhaust as well as around the dryer. It will need air to burn. (Maybe it's stuck in a corner with clothes or something stacked around it? Maybe it just needs a cleaning like you would your furnace? (i.e. - cob webs)?

Best of luck!

Advertisement

Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
I have gas!

Rewards Points: 1,018

gas dryer

I would take it apart and check the heating unit and fan. You'll be surprised at how little there is inside that box. Most likely you'll have to remove the top and then the front of the dryer to get to the guts.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
What can I find here?

Rewards Points: 150

gas dryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchcargo View Post
I would take it apart and check the heating unit and fan. You'll be surprised at how little there is inside that box. Most likely you'll have to remove the top and then the front of the dryer to get to the guts.
Good point about the fan or blower. I too was surprised on how little there actually was "inside that box". Access to my dryer was exactly as stated, removed the top and then the front. Top may not just lift off but need to slide out of grooves to lift.
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote