Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #1

Share |

Frozen Water Leak Around Ice Maker in Kenmore Trio

I have a Kenmore Elite Trio model 795.75543401. We are starting to have trouble with a build up of frozen water in the ice maker. No, not in the ice trays like it should be but outside of that - along the back wall mostly so the ice cube tray cannot slide in all the way.

We have never replaced the water filter. We do not use the water dispenser very much but perhaps the ice maker does. The water pressure from the dispenser seems fine to me so I would doubt the filter is clogged.

I just checked the level on the lower glass shelf in the upper section. It is slightly lower on the left than the right but the level bubble is still within the lines. And this has not been a problem until the last few months after maybe 4 year's service. So I doubt that lack of exact level is the culprit.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong?

whitedavidp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Frozen Water Leak Around Ice Maker in Kenmore Trio

hard to say without seeing the ice build up, but I would have to assume either your ice maker is overfilling and water dripping down but usually with that you see clumps in the bucket, or when it is filling it is splashing out when it hits the funnel. Since this is an LG built unit I can not say for certain. I would start by taking the ice maker out and examining it.