DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Frigidaire Water Dispenser Won't Stop

25K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  tharper999 
#1 ·
I have a side-by-side Frigidaire refrigerator, model FRS26ZNH. Most of the time when you push the actuator it takes a 10-20 seconds for the light to come on and dispense water or ice. When this problem occurs sometimes the filter light will come on and sometimes it won't. If the filter light doesn't come on then you have to release the actuator and push it again. If the filter light comes on then you can hold it for 10-20 seconds and it will normally work. When it does start working it will keep dispensing water or ice even after the actuator is released. If you push the actuator again and release it, only then will it stop dispensing. The water pressure is good once it starts and it has no trouble making ice. The only steps I've taken is to change the filter. If I must take the front off to fix the problem can you please explain how to do this without breaking the facing.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi,

That is part of a full model#. I found:
FRS26ZNHB0 FRS26ZNHB1 FRS26ZNHB2 FRS26ZNHB5 FRS26ZNHD0
FRS26ZNHD1 FRS26ZNHD2 FRS26ZNHD5 FRS26ZNHQ5 FRS26ZNHW0 FRS26ZNHW5

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Water Dispenser Won't Stop
Bad/sticky switch may be suspect.

If I must take the front off to fix the problem can you please explain how to do this without breaking the facing
Once we have the correct model#, we may have something.

jeff.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.