DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Frigidaire Washing Machine No Water

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  eccentric1 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Frigidaire GLGT1031CS1 Laundry Center. We have been doing laundry for most of the day, but when we put our last load in and set the dial we have no water at all running into the machine. There have been occasions in the past when the water supply lines have frozen or screens in the hoses have become clogged that water did not run but you could hear a buzzing noise like it was trying. This is just plain silence.

Water on
Power applied
Only cold hooked up, temp selector on proper temp

I am not sure if I am dealing with a bad rotary switch (other events such as spin are working normally) or if I am having pump problems. The only pump I see in diagrams is the drain pump, does this control filling also.

I have done dryers, furnaces and several other diy projects, but never a washer. Please forgive my cluelessness on their basic operation. Any help and/ or explanations that would point me in the proper direction would be genuinely appreciated!

Thanks,

e1

See less See more
#2 ·
The pump is to pump the water out, not in.
Lines freezing:eek:
Did someone run the line through an outside wall?
Really need to address this before you have burst pipes.

Have you removed the line to check if there water getting to the washer and rechecked the screens.
If there water to the washer then the next thing to check is the soinoid just behind where the water comes into the back of the washer to make sure there's power going to it when it calls for water.
If you google the make and model number and look for repair clinic there's going to be a trouble shooting and parts break down on there.

Reactions: eccentric1
#3 ·
Thank you for your input joecaption.
I was walking by the machine early this AM on my way to the coffee pot and pulled the timer switch on a whim. Of course the water turned on immediately. Perhaps the solenoid you mentioned was stuck? I will have to wait and see if it happens again.
First stroke of luck I have had in six months, I am not going to question it at this point LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.