Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #1

Share |

Frigidaire refrigerator parts ?

Hello,

This is my first time on this forum, and I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. The water tank reservoir in my Frigidaire refrigerator has a horrible leak at one of the seams of the tank itself. I have been searching the internet for quite some time now and all I seem to be able to find is the water tank repair kit, which consists of the water hose tubing. But not the tank itself. My problem is that it is not leaking from the tubing. It is leaking directly from the tank. I have a part number for the tank but cannot seem to find it. Can anyone help me find where I can get the water tank reservoir. Part #218871301
Rmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #2

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...mber=218871301
Old 08-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #3

Thank you for the link. However I need the reservoir Tank and not the tubing.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #4

According the the parts detail in the partstore.com link, the tank was replaced by the tubing.
The repairclinic.com link Joe provided shows that the original part number 218871301 was replaced by 5303918258.

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Electr...18258/New.aspx

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...mber=218871301
Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #5

Thanks again for the help. I see now as I read the entire instruction panel for the new item that it is just tubing that hangs behind the vegetable drawer in place of the OEM Tank. After reading someone's response to their purchase of this Item and the problems that they were having. I would rather not have cold water from the fridge anymore. The Ice maker still works and I suppose I'll just have to be happy with that.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Retired from the grind

Yep, they just have about twenty feet of hose inside the fridge now, as the holding reservoir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #7

What a shame. You would think that Frigidaire would have made extra's just for this type of situation. I did however find one on eBay for a Kenmore refrigerator that looks the same as the one I have (at least in the picture they posted). It was only $10.00 dollars, so I took a chance and bought it. If it works, I'm thinking of taking the bad one over to Tap Plastics and see if they can make something just like it, or at the very least. Point me in the right direction to someone that could help me develop a way of making one. Thank's for all the help everyone.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

Glad to help. I'd bet that Frigidaire had so many problems with the tank they changed the design to use tubing instead of a tank.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlandkpl View Post
Glad to help. I'd bet that Frigidaire had so many problems with the tank they changed the design to use tubing instead of a tank.
Actually it was because the tanks would grow nasty algae, due to people would not clean them like they were supposed to.

Of course, even the tubing can get nasty if you do not use a filter before the line hits the fridge, or run the water all the time.

: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote