Frigidaire Refrigerator Noisy - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Frigidaire Refrigerator Noisy

Hey all,

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator (PLHT2195S) a month ago and the condenser fan has been noisy since day one. I had the Sears repairmen come out and look at it and the first response was that the noise was normal. After making it known that would not be acceptable they did admit that it was a bit noisy. They ordered and installed an new fan motor under warranty but unfortunately after they left the same rattling noise returned. Is this normal with Frigidaire refrigerators? I really like the refrigerator but the noises are driving me nuts. Just want to know if they are all this way.

Advertisement

cjyphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Does this noise happen as soon as you plug refrig in? If so, you could go to Sears and ask them to plug in display model and see if it makes the same noise.

Advertisement

ugabulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabulldog View Post
Does this noise happen as soon as you plug refrig in? If so, you could go to Sears and ask them to plug in display model and see if it makes the same noise.
No it takes a minute or two. It is the fan. If I stop the fan with my fingers the noise stops. It sounds like a card in spokes but it is not touching anything which makes it all the more frustrating! I can't believe it took Frigidaire all these years to finally engineer the continuously noisy fan!

I'll try and go to Sears and plug one in and see what happens.

Update: Decided to play around with it last night and noticed the noise was not coming from the fan but the bracket holding the fan. I was able to put a screw through the cardboard back into the bracket and the noise has gone away.

Last edited by cjyphoto; 12-31-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Update
cjyphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Glad to hear that you fixed your fridge.

If you ever need a part for your fridge here is a place to get Frigidaire parts.
girltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #5

I had a frigidaire for 45 years that never gave me any trouble. A few months ago it started making a funny noise, and just before Christmas it finally died. I bought another frigidaire, but I'm very dissappointed because it makes a terrible noise. It is noisier than my old one when it was dying. If I whack the back of the freezer it stops, but then starts again at the next cooling cycle. I suppose I am having the same problem that you did, but I think I will just return it and try something else.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote