Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #1

Share |

frigidaire oven/range trouble code F1

My frigidaire oven/range is displaying a fault code F1 and beeping an alarm. It is non functional currently. I have tried to press the cancel button on the key pad but that changes nothing. I tried to flip the breaker several times but the fault code still comes on. I waited 24 hours with the breaker off and tried again and it still reads the fault code. I talked to an appliance repair shop and the technician there said my only option was to replace the clock timer mechanism (also called the electronic oven control). Seems like a fancy name for the main circuit board. Anyhow I went and bought a new control (circuit board) and hooked it up. You guessed it, the fault code and beeping are still there. I'm stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

Pete Sloniker is offline   Reply With Quote