Frigidaire Ice Make Very Slow Making Ice - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

frigidaire ice make very slow making ice

first, my ice make stopped working for about two weeks, so i did some research and followed a suggestion the water had possible lost it's prime. i remembered that the water dept. had recently turn off the water supply for repairs and decided to try filling the tray manually. it seemed to have worked and has been making ice ever since, but it's very slow at producing the ice like it used to. in 48 hours it won't fill the ice bucket. is there something else i can try to speed it up. all of the cubes are the normal size, but most are half frosty and the other half of the cube is clear. could that be a clue of what the problem might be. maybe it's not filling the tray the first time and completes filling it the second time??? i would appreciate any help you can give me. i lost my husband last year and he was the "do it all king" and now I'm learning slowly but surly how to fix things. Thanks, Ms. Roy Lynn Myers

Advertisement

roylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

take the temp of your freezer compartment. If it is not at least 0 degrees, turn it down colder. If this does not make it produce ice faster, let us know.

Advertisement

roylynn (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks, I knocked it down a notch. It was set on the "suggested" temp, with two lower settings. If the first time doesn't work I'll try the second (which is the lowest) setting.
roylynn is offline   Reply With Quote