Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Chris from Philadelphia

Share |

Frigidaire Gallery Ice Maker Not Working - Leaking

I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. The fridge has side-by-side doors on top, and the freezer is a big drawer on the bottom. Three days ago I hooked up the water line to the back of the fridge so that we could get purified water and ice. The water dispenser worked fine, but the ice didn't work; I figured this was because it needed time to freeze.

This morning, I noticed puddles on the ground in front of the fridge. I opened the freezer (which, again, is a drawer on the bottom) and it was tough to get open and made crunching noises as I was trying to open it (as if crunching ice). I managed to get it open and noticed that the whole base of the freezer had ice about a half-inch thick. Why is this? Shouldn't the water to be frozen be dispensed into some separate compartment within the freezer, and not the freezer itself?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

hellohello is offline   Reply With Quote