Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Frigidaire Appliances

We are building a new house so today we went into a appliance store to pick out new appliances. My question is has anyone owns/owned Frigidaire appliances? They look great and the prices are comparable but I am not finding the best reviews. Any advice or input would be great. Thanks

amuffly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Frigidaire Appliances

I've got a refrigerator I bought from HD a few months ago. It was one step up from the cheapest Frigidaire model they offered... No problems at all and it's very quiet and energy efficient. Owned since April this year.

natedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
fabrk8r

Rewards Points: 500

Frigidaire Appliances

We've had a medium grade Frigidaire stove for 10 years. Had to replace the HSI for the oven 2 years ago, otherwise no problems.
3 year old Frigidaire dishwasher, works excellent. No complaints.

My parents have been happy with their Frigidaire appliances.

I don't know if there is really a whole lot of difference between manufacturers any more. I like to buy appliances based on how easy it will be to find replacement parts.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #4

Frigidaire Appliances

Thanks for the input. I can add a 5 yr warranty for $249 on 4 pieces. I would cover the refrigerator, cook-top, oven and dishwasher. The appliance center is offering 11% all appliance and 15% off any energy star appliances. Since we are building with an approved builder I am getting all 5 pieces brand new for just under $4K. I think we will end up going with the Frigidaire Gallery set and hope they serve us well.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #5

Frigidaire Appliances

On a side note we priced out all 3 cook tops (gas, electric and induction). I think we have ruled out the induction just due to the high cost and not compatible with all types of pans. In my mind gas would be great to have but not sure my Wife wants it with 2 small kids in the house.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #6

Frigidaire Appliances

Frigid' does a nice job on ?--aesthetics. you're at Gallery price point then get a good gas cooktop [kids grow up] and a double 30" GE electric wall oven[top oven convection].
Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #7

Frigidaire Appliances

Wife hates GE. Just because I am at Gallery price doesn't mean I have money to waste. Sure a double oven looks cool but damn to use it 1-2 times a year seems like a lot of money down the drain. Even then we don't even host thanksgiving at our house. We have to drive back to hometown Nebraska for that.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,024

Frigidaire Appliances

Frigidaire makes decent appliances, I would buy them if I needed new. The only thing in Frigidaire line I would not touch would be laundry products.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #9

Frigidaire Appliances

Good, I went ahead and purchased all new Frigidaire kitchen appliances today. I went with all matching gallery s.s. so the kitchen should all look the same. The only upgrade was on the dishwasher which I went with the pro series because they had a closeout on them for $499 which is an awesome deal. The dishwasher is s.s and has hidden controls so you won't tell it is a pro series unless you look inside. I am very happy and so is the Wife. We even ended up under budget.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,342

Frigidaire Appliances

We are looking at the Frigidaire Gallery Stove (FGGF3032K), due to it is in our budget. I like the higher end Gallery that Lowes & Best Buy sells, but the wife says too much. Our stove is about ten years old, and we are having problems with it not lighting the burners for the broiler & stove, so we have looked at better to replace, then keep fixing it. The other that we are looking at, is the GE Adora line also.

If it was up to me, I would be doing a professional grade range, since my son & I both like to cook, and we are doing a Kitchen remodel next year.
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #11
fabrk8r

Frigidaire Appliances

Personally I would buy the best stove you can afford. I like to cook too and there is nothing more frustrating than having a stove/oven that is under the capacity you need and doesn't have the functions that make cooking and baking a fun activity instead of a chore.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #12

Frigidaire Appliances

We bought this -
Frigidaire Gallery Series FGEW3065K

I can give you guys all the model numbers if you wanted. Also give prices if you want.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,076

Frigidaire Appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuffly View Post
Good, I went ahead and purchased all new Frigidaire kitchen appliances today. I went with all matching gallery s.s. so the kitchen should all look the same. The only upgrade was on the dishwasher which I went with the pro series because they had a closeout on them for $499 which is an awesome deal. The dishwasher is s.s and has hidden controls so you won't tell it is a pro series unless you look inside. I am very happy and so is the Wife. We even ended up under budget.
If you are happy, and more importantly if your WIFE is happy, that's what is most important.

Any more there are only 2-3 companies that make appliances. They just re-brand them. Same as with car batteries. Last year I bought my wife a new microwave for Christmas (yes, she specifically asked for it!). It came down to choosing between two absolutely identical microwaves - one being an LG, and the other a Sharp. I got the Sharp because it was $10 cheaper.

That said, it's far more important to look at features, capacities and warranties, than brand names.

Enjoy the new house!
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 75

Frigidaire Appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwareman View Post
Frigidaire makes decent appliances, I would buy them if I needed new. The only thing in Frigidaire line I would not touch would be laundry products.
too bad i didn't read this 4 yrs ago...lol.... really, not funny
cowboy dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 150

Frigidaire Appliances

Our entire house if filled with nothing but Fridgidaire products. The dishwasher has been replaced about 4 times in 6 years and misc parts replaced for other things wrong.

Our refrigerator handle is falling off/coming loose.

All of the appliances were here except for the washer/dryer which we bought new. They have been fine and have no problems with them. They are the front loading and the washer is for HE products only.

Like I said the dishwasher has been replaced numerous times [due to home warranty].

I would say that over all everything is pretty decent other than their dishwashers but based upon their product reliability on the dishwasher I'll never buy Fridgidaire again.

I even asked them right before the dishwasher was replaced [right before the warranty was running out] that since they repaired it 4 times that year if instead of replacing it...if they could just repair what was wrong and just extend my warranty for another year. They declined so that told me that they didn't believe their products [dishwasher wise] was meant to last.

imola ghost is offline   Reply With Quote