Freezer Side Frosting/refrigerator Side Not Cooling - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

freezer side frosting/refrigerator side not cooling

I have a kenmore refrigerator S/S model#10657074602, the freezer in some areas have frost buildup and the refrigerator not cooling, I replaced the door seals on both doors about 1 month ago and still the same problem is happening, I notice the air flow vent in the refrigerator side has ice build up. Need some tips please... about to purchase a new appliance due to frustrations but if I'm able to hold on to this unit for awhile longer, it would be great thanks for the help

Advertisement

GCastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 696

Check to make sure the fan is working.
http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHe...rm-10657074602

Advertisement

Last edited by joecaption; 03-23-2013 at 05:30 PM.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Your defrost system isn't working. Too much frost in the freezer restricts the air flow into the fridge. Check your defrost thermostat and heater.
jfrotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

I went through the same issue with my fridge....

I changed thermistors, thermostat, heating element, and finally motherboard. All in all cost less than 130$ for parts, i didnt pay retail for the parts. I had no idea on how to do anything when this happened. Just googled my model number and symptoms, found a tutorial or video that explained on how to trouble shoot different problems.

This was a while ago, and memory is fuzzy... Basically the heating element is not coming on and defrosting, causing the build up of ice and warming the fridge side... Caused by either faulty thermostat, thermistor, or motherboard etc. To troubleshoot which it is, you will need a multi meter and test continuity of each system and certain points of motherboard and such... Big pain in but, that's why I replaced it all rather than test everything.

If you live in a big city, find a appliance store and get the parts to fix yourself. They will hopefully be real helpful and give a discount..
xxxshiftxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 508

Whoops, Joe beat me to it.
Seattle2k is offline   Reply With Quote