DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

External Lint Filter for Washing Machine ?

19K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hbsparky 
#1 ·
Greetings--

Its that time again-- the washing machine drain is clogged *sigh* This seems to happen about once a year or so. The main drain it connects to runs fine.

My old washing machine had a lint filter. I had to clean it out now and then but at least the drain wouldn't stop up. New machines apparently dont have such a device, so all the lint goes into the drain.

I asked both an appliance repair guy and the plumber about an esternal lint fliter or trap. Neither had heard of such. Surely, someone has one of these-- a filter to hang on a wall and run the washer drain through ???

#2 ·
Piney - I found and installed one about a month ago after our washer drain pipe overflowed and filled up the laundry room with soap/water! I found mine at a local appliance parts center, but I have also seen them available on the internet (saw mine in the manufacturer's owner's manual - it was for a Kenmore washer).

A Google search for "Washing Machine Filter" seems to bring up more hits than I can count.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.