Electronic Gas Stove Ignitor - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 266

Electronic gas stove ignitor

I have a Kenmore gas stove with electronic ignition that can be kind of annoying at times. There are six burners, two standard on the left, a center griddle burner divided into two sections, and one large and one small burner on the right. The two on the left side are the ones that cause problems. When I turn the knob to the "light" position, the igniter makes the click, click, click sound and a spark can be seen, after which the flame will light up. Occasionally, the front burner will fail to light and there is no spark at that electrode, but there is one at the rear. The front and rear burners are controlled by one igniter. I've checked the burner assemblies and there are no orifices that are clogged with food debris and the electrical contacts are also clear. What would cause an intermittent failure to spark on one burner?

Advertisement

Dave Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

Make sure area around the ignitor is clean . No rust, no grease no nothing. That ignitor must ground to something and if that area is no kept really clean it will not ground properly and will not produce a good spark. If this is ok you may have the spark module going bad.

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 266

Thanks for the reply. This spark module, is it the one that controls both burners? It always seems that the rear burner gets a spark but not the front. I think I'll clean the area again just to make sure there isn't some hard to see film around the area in question.
Dave Sal is online now   Reply With Quote