Electric Space Heater / Fireplace.. - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 8

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..

Have an Electric Space Heater, Hampton Bay (HB Mokeno) sold by Home Depot.. Worked fine as per Ratings for 3 months.. Then the ReSet would start popping, Hit the Reset Button unit would run fine for a couple minutes then pop.. ideas appreciated, cheers Thanks..

Advertisement

NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,234

Hmmm, I did a search for this heater and it shows me that there are four (4) different models that would fall under "Hampton Bay/HB Mokeno". BUT--all of them state that they are "electric fireplaces". IF this is what you have, I may have an idea. I had a very nice electric space heater a few years back that worked really well-for a while. Then one day it also started popping the reset button. I found out that this heater has a fan within it to move air around at a very low CFM, but enough to move air. The fan was so quite I never heard it running but once it quit the heater would pop the reset button. Is it possible that your unit may have a fan within it and maybe the fan has quit running causing heat build-up within the cabinet which would pop the reset?

Advertisement

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thurman For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (03-17-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #3

@ Thurman.. My Son took things apart , Cleaned & Greased the Fan.. Says the Fan is running like a Champ now But flat out.. It appears their is No Setting in the Control Knob / Variable Speed Dial... The Heater will be fine for a Couple Minutes then the Reset Pops.. (????)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 246

If the fan stopped working within 3 months and required a cleaning and grease then I suspect it has stopped again. HD has a 90 day in store refund policy so if you just want to exchange it, they would probably give you another one even though it's been over the 90 days. Also, the manufacturer has a 1 year warranty, just don't let them know you took it apart to fix the fan.
funflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funflyer For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer View Post
If the fan stopped working within 3 months and required a cleaning and grease then I suspect it has stopped again. HD has a 90 day in store refund policy so if you just want to exchange it, they would probably give you another one even though it's been over the 90 days. Also, the manufacturer has a 1 year warranty, just don't let them know you took it apart to fix the fan.
You Bet, he was careful not to leave any Finger Prints...lol... The Downside apparently through HD anyway this particular model Hampton Bay(HB Mokena) is Nolonger Available... We'll explore if there is a Replacement Model and so on... Just a couple more weeks of this Horrid Deep Freeze and he'll just have to fill up his Piggy Bank , watch for Sales next season ...lol...
Old 03-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
You Bet, he was careful not to leave any Finger Prints...lol... The Downside apparently through HD anyway this particular model Hampton Bay(HB Mokena) is Nolonger Available... We'll explore if there is a Replacement Model and so on... Just a couple more weeks of this Horrid Deep Freeze and he'll just have to fill up his Piggy Bank , watch for Sales next season ...lol...
HD is real good at customer satisfaction. My guess is that if you explained to them that this model is no longer made and you'd like to pay the difference to get a better heater they would let you.
funflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funflyer For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer View Post
HD is real good at customer satisfaction. My guess is that if you explained to them that this model is no longer made and you'd like to pay the difference to get a better heater they would let you.
Oh Absolutely...

Advertisement