Electric Space Heater / Fireplace.. - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
Newbie
 
NorPlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 8
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


Have an Electric Space Heater, Hampton Bay (HB Mokeno) sold by Home Depot.. Worked fine as per Ratings for 3 months.. Then the ReSet would start popping, Hit the Reset Button unit would run fine for a couple minutes then pop.. ideas appreciated, cheers Thanks..

Advertisement

NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
Household Handyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Albany, Ga.
Posts: 2,391
Rewards Points: 1,234
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


Hmmm, I did a search for this heater and it shows me that there are four (4) different models that would fall under "Hampton Bay/HB Mokeno". BUT--all of them state that they are "electric fireplaces". IF this is what you have, I may have an idea. I had a very nice electric space heater a few years back that worked really well-for a while. Then one day it also started popping the reset button. I found out that this heater has a fan within it to move air around at a very low CFM, but enough to move air. The fan was so quite I never heard it running but once it quit the heater would pop the reset button. Is it possible that your unit may have a fan within it and maybe the fan has quit running causing heat build-up within the cabinet which would pop the reset?

Advertisement

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thurman For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (03-17-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #3
Newbie
 
NorPlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 8
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


@ Thurman.. My Son took things apart , Cleaned & Greased the Fan.. Says the Fan is running like a Champ now But flat out.. It appears their is No Setting in the Control Knob / Variable Speed Dial... The Heater will be fine for a Couple Minutes then the Reset Pops.. (????)
NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ Wild Wild West
Posts: 123
Rewards Points: 246
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


If the fan stopped working within 3 months and required a cleaning and grease then I suspect it has stopped again. HD has a 90 day in store refund policy so if you just want to exchange it, they would probably give you another one even though it's been over the 90 days. Also, the manufacturer has a 1 year warranty, just don't let them know you took it apart to fix the fan.
funflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funflyer For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Newbie
 
NorPlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 8
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer View Post
If the fan stopped working within 3 months and required a cleaning and grease then I suspect it has stopped again. HD has a 90 day in store refund policy so if you just want to exchange it, they would probably give you another one even though it's been over the 90 days. Also, the manufacturer has a 1 year warranty, just don't let them know you took it apart to fix the fan.
You Bet, he was careful not to leave any Finger Prints...lol... The Downside apparently through HD anyway this particular model Hampton Bay(HB Mokena) is Nolonger Available... We'll explore if there is a Replacement Model and so on... Just a couple more weeks of this Horrid Deep Freeze and he'll just have to fill up his Piggy Bank , watch for Sales next season ...lol...
NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ Wild Wild West
Posts: 123
Rewards Points: 246
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


Quote:
Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
You Bet, he was careful not to leave any Finger Prints...lol... The Downside apparently through HD anyway this particular model Hampton Bay(HB Mokena) is Nolonger Available... We'll explore if there is a Replacement Model and so on... Just a couple more weeks of this Horrid Deep Freeze and he'll just have to fill up his Piggy Bank , watch for Sales next season ...lol...
HD is real good at customer satisfaction. My guess is that if you explained to them that this model is no longer made and you'd like to pay the difference to get a better heater they would let you.
funflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funflyer For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #7
Newbie
 
NorPlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 8
Default

Electric Space Heater / Fireplace..


Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer View Post
HD is real good at customer satisfaction. My guess is that if you explained to them that this model is no longer made and you'd like to pay the difference to get a better heater they would let you.
Oh Absolutely...

Advertisement

NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric heater question costgeek HVAC 30 03-10-2015 09:32 PM
AFCI and Electric Space Heater loftezy Electrical 11 11-17-2014 02:26 PM
Using a Point-of-Use Electric Hot Water Heater as a supplemental heater? mrlegoman Plumbing 18 03-23-2014 11:43 AM
What uses less energy: 40-gallon gas water heater, or a 5 GPM electric tankless unit? hellohello Plumbing 2 02-04-2014 08:54 PM
should I switch from natural gas to electric water heater supermaxhd Plumbing 24 11-28-2010 12:11 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts