Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Share |
Default

Dishwasher - top rack no water pressure


Frigidaire Ultra Quiet III - How is it that the bottom rack has plenty of water pressure and spins well and the top rack puts out a trickle of water and doesn't spin the washer blade. Is it a water pump (or what) that needs to be replaced or something else? If so, what's a ball park figure for the part? Doesn't appear to have anything clogging the ports. ~thanx

jbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
Member
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 283
Default

Dishwasher - top rack no water pressure


Hi,

Quote:
Frigidaire Ultra Quiet III
Just names and not a model#.

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Then we can see what style d/w you have

jeff.

__________________
Appliance Repair Aid
www.applianceaid.com
JRAppliance
www.jrappliance.ca
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Dishwasher - top rack no water pressure


Jeff1,
I don't have a Model # for this is a portable dishwasher (Frigidaire Ultra Quiet III) that I am wanting to buy out of the newspaper. It features delayed start, pot scrubber, normal and light wash, extra water heat, etc.
I would think that the question regarding the basic function of how the water pressure reaches the top rack is generic to all dishwashers. None of the jets are clogged and water pressure to the lower rack is strong, but the amount of water coming out of the top to feed the top sprayer arm is just a trickle. I know this because when I open the door I can see that the sprayer arm had not moved. Then I put a glass upright on the top shelf to see how much water is coming out of the top port and after several minutes the glass only has about an inch of water in it, when it should be overflowing. Certainly not enough water or pressure to cause the top sprayer arm to rotate.

So would this be a water intake valve problem, a pump problem, or a possible clog somewhere between the pump and the top port?
jbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Member
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 283
Default

Dishwasher - top rack no water pressure


Quote:
I would think that the question regarding the basic function of how the water pressure reaches the top rack is generic to all dishwashers
It might be if all the d/w's where the same....each manufacture is different and each manufacture has 2,3,4 different styles as well.

Quote:
None of the jets are clogged and water pressure to the lower rack is strong, but the amount of water coming out of the top to feed the top sprayer arm is just a trickle. I know this because when I open the door I can see that the sprayer arm had not moved. Then I put a glass upright on the top shelf to see how much water is coming out of the top port and after several minutes the glass only has about an inch of water in it, when it should be overflowing. Certainly not enough water or pressure to cause the top sprayer arm to rotate.
Model# tells all....but many Frigidaire d/w's do not use both spray arms at the same time....approx 80% is lower and the upper only turns 20% of the time.

Quote:
So would this be a water intake valve problem, a pump problem, or a possible clog somewhere between the pump and the top port?
Could be any of these or more.
Might be close to this mystery model...
http://www.applianceaid.com/frigidaire-new.html

jeff.
__________________
Appliance Repair Aid
www.applianceaid.com
JRAppliance
www.jrappliance.ca
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Dishwasher - top rack no water pressure


jbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Member
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 283
Default

Dishwasher - top rack no water pressure


Your welcome, Happy Holidays!

jeff.

__________________
Appliance Repair Aid
www.applianceaid.com
JRAppliance
www.jrappliance.ca
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water pressure? What water pressure? mnp13 Plumbing 9 05-03-2007 02:32 PM
High pressure in water line atlfiveo Plumbing 5 02-06-2007 09:04 PM
Help with low pressure cold water upstairs lewissv Plumbing 5 01-26-2007 08:05 AM
New Help With Improving Water Pressure hayhursm Plumbing 1 01-31-2006 06:55 PM
New Water Heater, worse pressure Repoman75 Plumbing 6 04-15-2005 11:30 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.