Dishwasher - Top Rack - No Water - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Dishwasher - Top Rack - No Water

I have a Kithchenaid - KUD1021RWH1 dishwasher. Ser# FT1313411.

The bottom sprayer works fine. However the top rack and strayer does not get any water. I have taken it appart as far as I can and do not see any blockages.

Is there a common location that they clog or a likely culperate? Or is this one of those "your gonna need a new one" problems.

Best part is this all started 8 days after the Sears 1 year Warranty ran out. So its on me.

Advertisement

Whodatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10
Lightbulb

Dishwasher - Top Rack - No Water

After my post this morning, I did some more searching in the google box. I stumbled onto a Wikipedia instructional on tearing down a Kitchenaid dishwasher to clean it out.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_To_...er_Replacement

With that new knowledge I dove deeper into the guts of it to see what I could see. Low and behold I found gobs of sludge in various crevices. But the real culprit was the disposal / peller area in the very bottom. It was packed with broken bits of wine glasses and plastic pieces like the seals on a drink bottel. (Note to self, 12 year old boy may not do a great job rinsing dishes before starting dishwasher.) There was no way the propeller was moving so the pump had to be sucking the water through the already clogged sieve. The pump was strong enough to move a good deal of water and operate the lower jets but the clog did not leave enough power to get water to the top rack. After carefully cleaning it out, I put it back together and it works like a champ.

Though I didn't find the answer here, this board did peek my interest in looking for the solution. So thank you for your time. I hope this post helps someone with a simular issue in the future.

Advertisement

Whodatpat is offline   Reply With Quote