Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150
Angry

dishwasher not cleaning top rack

My dishwasher quit cleaning the dishes on the top rack or cleans them but doesnt rinse them and everything has soap and scum left on it. I have rinsed out the tube going to the middle spray arm and it seems clear so I'm lost. What should I focus on as a culprit for this? I'm about to just start taking every thing apart as an act of desperation. This sux

STL B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,020

dishwasher not cleaning top rack

Two things to be understood here: 1) I am not an appliance service person, but have worked on many for family and friends. 2) You may not like this answer, but it's worked for me. With the dishwasher empty, and NO soap in the dispenser(s). Get you a pair of safety goggles, these are preferred over glasses, and a butter knife. While wearing the goggles, insert the butter knife into the slot at the top/inside of the door the little latch on the dishwasher cabinet fits into to trip the micro-switch and allow the unit to turn on for a normal load, some units will "click", some you have to hold the switch closed. Close the door almost closed, you want to watch the cycle(s) to see if the upper arm is getting enough water pressure to be turning and actually washing the items on the upper rack. Yes, you probably will get wet, but this way it's only water. I've found the upper spray arms to be clogged with weird debris at times.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dishwasher