Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
In a little over my head

Rewards Points: 510

Dishwasher lights going crazy

I'm hoping someone has seen this before. I have a 3-4 year old Kenmore dishwasher (Made by Whirlpool. Don't have the model number right now.) Stainless steel, moveable shelves, quiet, an upper end model. It's got the electronic membrane style switches and LEDs on the front of the door. It will sometimes stop mid-cycle, and the display LEDs will start blinking in crazy patterns. Not random, but not making sense either. Sometimes, pushing a button will change the pattern, but even the Cancel button won't reset it. Sometimes, pulling the fuse and letting the machine sit with no power for a while will reset the lights, sometimes not. Sometimes it works fine.

The control box has been replaced. It seemed to be fixed for a month or so. Now it's doing it again.

Any ideas? I like the dishwasher when it works, but another repair will put me pretty close to the original purchase price. And I sure don't want to fix it and have it still broken.

Thanx!

ratherbefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Usually when they blink it's a fault code-#of blinks tells you what area fault is in. behind the bottom panel is a tech sheet with the fault codes. otherwise sounds like touch panel shorted. after it's fixed you have to let it run through a diag cycle to reset the computer-wonder if this was done last time? procedure is on tech sheet.

Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,000

yeah sounds like a shorted touch pad, like Jacques said grab the tech sheet and put it into a self diagnostic test.