Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Dishwasher Help

Model # KUDK01ILBS2

Kitchen Aid 6yrs old

Hello. About 6 months ago my dishwasher wouldn't clean the top rack of dishes..I figured out that there was no water coming out of the top sprayer, The Chopper Assembly was clogged up.. I pulled it out and cleaned it up, Problem solved...But, every 2 months It does the same same thing even though we try the scrap off the plates before we put them in now but it still clogs up every few months.. My question is, Why did it work fine for over 5yrs, and now it clogs up in a few months?

Thanks for any help

ChickenWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,036

Dishwasher Help

what does your main pump filter look like? My first thought would be that you need to scrape off your dishes a little better before loading the dishwasher, dishwashers do ok with small food paarticles but when there is excessive bits of food going through them the filters plug in no time. Your chopper blade is ok and the screen behind it indicates lots of food bits being run through it.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #3

Dishwasher Help

Thanks hardwareman.. I don't know about the main pump filter, didn't even know there was one..how/where would I check to see it?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #4

Dishwasher Help

I have a Kenmore Elite Front Loading Washing Machine and it has started leaking water inside the rubber mount after the unit has completed it cycle...What is causing this...The model #42926-000...TYPE #199-HKP-702-GT...

I appreciate any advice or help anyone can give me...
lc116235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,036

Dishwasher Help

your filter would be that piece you take off after the spray arm assy. It should be a fine mesh that traps a majority of your food particles
Old 09-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #6

Dishwasher Help

Thanks alot hardwareman,

I don't believe I have seen that, I haven't taken anything like that off the 3 other time Ive cleaned the chopper blade...Would you have a pic or link to said main pump filter??

Thanks

Last edited by ChickenWing; 09-09-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Bombastic Idiot

Rewards Points: 500

Dishwasher Help

lc,could be you just need areal good cleaning around and under the seal and contact surfaces, you wouldn't beleave the stff that build up in there. It can be hard to see in between bottom of door and cabinet, strong flashlight, mirror and limber neck are useful. You may need a new gasket. but hop over to here and take a look. Bosch Dishwasher leaking along bottom seal of door
Here's alink for you, chicken, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...odel_id=504793 While you're there see how much a new chopper and screen costs, six years old, may be worth replacing if cheap enuff. Trouble with those sites is you buy a 50 cent part and pay 10 bucks for shipping. It's like those As Seen on TV scams, both of he gadgets and all the extra Free cra...stuff is guaranteed money back, but the two way shipping and handling is more than the 19.95 you get back.
Hey, i just saw, you got a 4 arm sprayer. Never saw on of those. I sure hope its held on with a screw, I'd hate to have to send you over to the Alice's Dishwasher thread with the diagrams and circles and arrows and a paragraph for each one describin what each one was.

Last edited by notmrjohn; 09-11-2012 at 02:17 PM.
notmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote