Well this past weekend I spent some time trying to fix the issue.
Things I discovered:
1. I have the radio, 1 kitchen counter outlet(not used while dishwasher is on), one cordless phone, one light with switch (rarely used) and the DW.
I don't know what I was thinking when I put all that on the same circuit. However, most of those things aren't on when the DW is on, or low amperage.
2. I cleaned the "trap" at the bottom of dishwasher. It did have things in I thought might have an effect, however it still kicks the outlet.
3. Four kids make a lot of dishes, especially when they HS and are cooking enthusiasts!
1. The RIGHT ANSWER: replace outlet with 20 amp circuit 12 gauge wire.
2. Check installation of DW for improper install issues (my confidence is shaken after realizing how much I have on that circuit.)
3. the quick solution: replace outlet with normal outlet.
I'll post the end results or my current trials