DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Appliances (http://www.diychatroom.com/f47/)
-   -   dishwasher constantly running (http://www.diychatroom.com/f47/dishwasher-constantly-running-169765/)

felicia smith 01-21-2013 08:47 PM

dishwasher constantly running
 
Why will my dishwasher never stop running?

gregzoll 01-21-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felicia smith (Post 1099057)
Why will my dishwasher never stop running?

Turn off the treadmill, or quit taking it out jogging. Helps to know manufacturer & model# of it. It could be due to something as simple as the timer circuit, could be worst.

joecaption 01-21-2013 09:01 PM

Try turning the knob a tiny bit to see if it past a bad spot in the timmer if it has one.
If it is the timer that the most expencive part to buy.
How old is the washer?
http://www.repairclinic.com/Dishwasher-Touchpad-Parts

ryannc 02-06-2013 10:24 AM

Bosch SHU 6800 or 5300
 
My Bosch is having the same problem. It will not stop running. The counter on the front does not decrease as time elapses. It doesn't matter what setting the dishwasher is set to. Any advice would be appreciated.

TarheelTerp 02-06-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryannc (Post 1110847)
My Bosch is having the same problem. It will not stop running. The counter on the front does not decrease as time elapses. It doesn't matter what setting the dishwasher is set to. Any advice would be appreciated.

Start with the easy stuff:
turn off the power for a 10 count and let it try to re-set itself.

ryannc 02-09-2013 12:47 PM

I've turned the dishwasher off after every attempt...it's the only way to get the dishwasher to stop. Unfortunately, it's not enough to get the dishwasher to reset it's clock.

TarheelTerp 02-09-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryannc (Post 1113223)
I've turned the dishwasher off after every attempt...it's the only way to get the dishwasher to stop. Unfortunately, it's not enough to get the dishwasher to reset it's clock.

Not the dw. The power.
Turn off the power for a 10 count and let it try to re-set itself.

At the breaker.

md2lgyk 02-09-2013 04:09 PM

My first guess would be that the timer has failed.

TarheelTerp 02-09-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by md2lgyk (Post 1113384)
My first guess would be that the timer has failed.

One step at a time. Start with the easy stuff...

ryannc 02-11-2013 06:11 PM

Unfortunately, unplugging the dishwasher has not resolved the issue. It runs and if you wait long enough, it sounds like it is moving through different cycles but ultimately it will not stop. What is the next test you would run? And, is there any way to get the dishwasher to drain when you have to hard stop the machine in the middle of a cycle?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved