Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

Share |

Creaking - Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer

I have a Whirlpool duet front loading washer and it seems to be making a squeaking noise during low RPMs when the washer spinning slowly.

It's usually very silent when the drum is spinning slowly. But it just started doing this on a medium-sized wash.

During the spin cycle however there is no additional noise.

The washer is about two years old and it's been working flawlessly until this point.

I didn't notice any extra noises like a strain on the motor or leaking anywhere. It just sounds like a high-pitched scratching or creaking.

Are there any common problems for this washer? Is this an easy fix? Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is total failure imminent?

Thanks! Homer

homerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

have a service tech check it out for you, so many things it could be. Maybe the pump, maybe tub bearing, drive belt, motor, maybe something stuck betweeen the 2 tubs and rubbing? Hard to say without hearing it. No real issues or problems with the duets

Old 01-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwareman View Post
have a service tech check it out for you, so many things it could be. Maybe the pump, maybe tub bearing, drive belt, motor, maybe something stuck betweeen the 2 tubs and rubbing? Hard to say without hearing it. No real issues or problems with the duets
Well if he keeps getting worse I'll just tear apart and see what's going on back there. Maybe it's a belt. Maybe it's a bad bearing. Or maybe there's just a bunch of dirt and cried back there. I just ran a self clean wash where the rotor would spend without anything edit and it didn't make any noise at all.
homerb is offline   Reply With Quote