Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
New Home Owner

Rewards Points: 25

Can I convert my range from element-style to ceramic?

I like efficiency. So when I put a frying pan on my stove, and it wobbles around it makes me furious. What I mean is the frying pan does not lie flat on the heating element. There is nothing wrong with the pan, its just the element does not lie flat. The element of course works by conduction, so ideally the element would be in contact with the frying pan wherever it can.

I was thinking of replacing the elements, since I do not know how old they are. Maybe they are just worn and warped? But likely it will happen again because as the element heats up it expands and twists.

My question is can I get a ceramic-ish element to place in my stove?

Here is what I have.

And here is what I mean for it to look like, sort of:

The above is great because it is easy to clean. But my priority would be for efficiency as the coil/element would always be flat.

Any ideas? Has anyone seen these?

Brandon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Can I convert my range from element-style to ceramic?

I have a ceramic stove and we have had problems with Caphalon 12" pan warping. I understand the wobble and how it might drive you insane as it does us.
According to company, the ceramic stoves cause warping when larger pan placed on stove and heat introduced too quickly. We are sending pan back for replacement and will monitor future uses for any problems. It may be the pan quality and not the stove. A ceramic might warp it all the same...

I have not heard of a conversion and it does not seem quite possible as a conversion but I could be wrong.

Han'D' is offline   Reply With Quote