A200 Hobart Mixer - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

Old 09-11-2015, 12:04 AM   #1
Rewards Points: 2

A200 Hobart Mixer

I am having to hold the switch in an "on" position but the switch is not bad. The wire cage magnet does shut off the machine, I do not see a bowl switch. Any ideas to fix the switch to where I do not have to hold it in the "on" position?

mikedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Rewards Points: 606

A200 Hobart Mixer

When you hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position, you are bypassing the bowl position switch. Schematic and parts lists are here.

The ON/OFF switch in the wiring schematic on PDF Page 16 shows the bypass function on contacts 2 & 3. IIRC, the triangular "flags" on 1LS and 2LS indicate a limit or interlock switch.

On PDF Page 24 they show a microswitch for Item 2 and on the next page they describe it as Bowl Height Switch. However, Item 54 is described only as a Reed Switch. Other than the ON/OFF switch and the motot start switch, these are the only two switches listed.

There is no switch listed for the wire guard, yet this switch has to be closed for the motor to run. If the expanded drawing on Page 24 shows the relative positions of the switches correctly, I would say Item 2 is the guard cage switch and Item 54 is the Bowl Height Switch. Is there an error in the switch descriptions?

I might replace both switches so I could fix it without possibly having to tear it down twice. But then I'm good at spending other people's money.

Any mention of codes is based on NFPA 70 and/or 72, as applicable, because they are the most widely adopted codes in the US. Local amendments may modify the code adopted in your area, so consult your local codes official.

Last edited by GrayHair; 09-11-2015 at 07:30 AM.
GrayHair is online now   Reply With Quote