Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #1

Share |

Weed Eater Weed Wacker Prob

hi, i bought a weedeater brand weed wacker new, about two yrs ago. it never did run right, right out of the box. it has a 20cc pouland two stroke engine. it doesnt rev good, never did. u have to baby it with the throttle, little by little to get it to rev, and when it does rev, it really dont want to stay runing, like its starving for gas. there is only one adjustment screw on the carb, and thats for the idle. there are no air/fuel mix screws on the carb, just holes filed with blanks where the adjustment screws should be. today it wont even rev! i took the carb off, and took it apart to have a look at the diafram, thinking it may have a pin hole in it, but it looks fine. ive had it with this piece of junk! any ideas? i did change the plug, just for fun, but that didnt help either. maybe a defective carb?...bob

bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #2

Hole or split in the fuel tube going to the tank or it's loose?

My Craftsman had a similar problem and it was a cracked tube.

KHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #3

khouse75,

the fuel line from tank to carb was definately not loose, at least at the carb side. the end of the tubing that goes to the tank is tho. it goes through a hole in the tank and can be moved in and out of the tank with a tug. is this proper? i dont think the tube is bad, but will take a look at it...bob
Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Kap
Mowing my life away.

I had a problem with the ethanol in the gas softening the fuel line. It was so soft that it was being piched shut where it goes through the grommet holding it in place on the fuel tank.

How's the air filter looking? Choke? Debris in the air intake? Could also be starving for air.
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #5

kap,

air filter is fine, choke is working proper, nothing restricting air flow, had carb off and apart. its definately starving for fuel. with the choke open (run position) it starts to die, full choke it, and it will stay running, til it floods out of course. have'nt had time to look at it again, but gonna check the fuel line. the fuel line is pretty soft...bob
Old 08-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Kap
Mowing my life away.

Ihave an echo that has to be two c-hairs away from full choke to start and run. I hate the damn thing. I have a Shindaiwa-two pumps of the promer bulb, never touch the choke and it starts and stays running from the very first pull. Only problem I have with the shindaiwa? Missus won't let it in the bed.
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #7
Mold!! Let's kill it!

Make sure all the crankcase screws are tight and the gaskets intact. 2 stroke motors don't like air leaks anywhere.
Maintenance 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #8

Are you running the correct gas/ oil ratio? When my chain saw starts to run poorly, I remove the muffler and clean the exhaust passages.