Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

No Running Lights

I have developed a problem with my factory installed 7 pin connector on my 09 Titan as I no longer have running lights on my utility trailer. I checked all the wiring on the trailer then when I checked the 7 pin connector with my meter, I get no reading on the running light pin (11 o'clock position). but get a reading on the 12 volt pin (1 o'clock position). I use a four pin connector inserted into the 7 pin connector for my trailer and of course there is no power going to the running lights, but brake and turn signal lights work on the trailer.

Does anyone have suggestions?

johnkenn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #2

No Running Lights

Sounds like you know exactly what you are doing, so I hesitate with my first comment, but, obviously, make sure that your vehicle lights are on when checking the the running light terminal in your vehicle receptacle. After that, it sounds like it has to be a loose or corroded connection within the receptacle itself. You probably have a wad of tape around where the wires enter the terminal, but carefully cut it back, and see what you have. If it's simply loose, you're on your way again, but its' very possible that you may need to pick up a new receptacle at your local parts store or dealer. Not that uncommon of a problem. Either way put a bit of dielectric grease, or I sometimes use Vaseline, on everything before you tape it back up. Alos, if it looks like the wires are long enough to do you any good, you may want to unscrew the receptacle from the vehicle, as it may allow you easier access.

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterII For This Useful Post:
johnkenn2000 (02-20-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Master General ReEngineer

No Running Lights

Ayuh,... Donno what yer Tow unit is, but check it's Fuses....
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote