Honda Civic Catalytic Converter - Automotive Repairs - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 586

Honda Civic Catalytic Converter

I own a used 2000 Honda Civic DX. I believe there is a small whole in the catalytic converter or along the line in my exhaust. I was reading was wasn't sure if Honda will cover that under the extended emissions service. I don't have a warranty, but wasn;t sure if it would still be effective.

If so, do I contact a Honda dealer, or my local mechanic??

Advertisement

cibula11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 622

It should be listed in your owners manual (if you have one) as to the extended emissions warantee. This warantee is for the vehicle and doesn't matter that you are the second owner. Warrantees vary from manufacturer, year of vehicle and emission type (california or federal) and are based on manufacture date and miles.

I would contact Honda with your vehicle VIN, mileage and emissions type (found on the engine placard) and ask. The longest emissions warantee that I've seen was 8-100,000, but its still worth a call.

Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Federal Emissions warranty is 8/80,000 but California has their own set of rules. It is worth looking into since a converter can cost asmuch as 2000.00 for just the part.
fleetdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 622

As fleetdude1 stated, California has its own set of rules. There are a number of states NY, MA...whose new vehicles have California emissions and follow those rules.